A random collection of things to Bloggle your mind

Friday 9 March 2012

Sunny Delight

So how many of you remember that wonderful radioactive drink that us kids used to beg our parents to buy??
  Sunny Delight "Sunny D" 


It first hit our shelves in 1998. Advertising itself as a healthy alternative to juice, yet it came under criticism when consumers discovered the ingredients list stating only 5% juice contents.
Main ingredients being water and corn syrup.


It rivaled the larger companies like Pepsi and Cola. 


As a kid I loved it for about 18 months, then it seemed to disappear from the stores. 
When I look at pictures of the products now, there is no way I would feed them to my children (if I had any)
GREEN, ORANGE AND PURPLE IN COLOR?!?



I cant remember which of the main 2 flavors was my favorite. "Californian" or "Florida" style. I think it was the Californian one. 
After their rather spectacular demise in 2003, they have since had a healthy make-over and hit our stores once again in 2009, this time loaded with 70% juice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment